The popularity of the Hr software is somewhat related to the payroll accounting process incorporated in it. But this payroll accounting can also be purchased separately. In fact it makes complete business sense for small and medium businesses to opt for an independent software only for payroll.
But in order to ensure value for money, 6 very important features need to be looked into and decided upon. These features are:
- On-site or cloud based software: If the company management needs to access the database from places outside their office promises, it is preferable to opt for a cloud based server. Else having an on-site software will enable better data security and control.
- Total ownership cost: The price points and the other costs involved need to be checked and negotiated. Time should be taken out to read the fine print so that the company does not have to face any hidden costs later.
- Regulatory compliances: All applicable local state regulations including tax laws and social security requirements need to be supported by the Payroll software. It should also have the required features to automatically upgrade the system if and when any changes occur in the statutory compliances of the home state.
- Key features: This depends on the requirements of the company. The features of this software should be flexible enough to be customised based on them.
- Scalability: It is a general rule to look ahead and think of the space the company will attain a few years down the line. The software purchased should be able to accommodate the expansions as and when they happen and also have features which will ensure good company growth.
- Integration: If only the software for payroll is purchased, it should be able to integrate well and be compatible with larger ERP systems and accounting or human resource software.
Thus a lot of research needs to be put into the purchase of this software so that one gets good returns on his investment.